What happens if you change your number on WhatsApp? Strictly speaking, nothing will happen, because the only update you see will be on your phone number, and everything else: conversations, contacts, settings, etc. will be saved automatically thanks to backup. At this point, we will teach you from the Mag a simple trick that will help spread the word about your new number to all your friends, family and colleagues. Take note.
If you want to change your number WhatsAppFirst, we recommend that you create a backup as follows: “Settings”> “Chats”> “Backup”> “Save”, otherwise you will only restore all the contents of your last copy. Then, none of your contacts will be notified that your number has changed, and if you do not chat with the last number, the following notification will appear: “(Your name) Changed their phone number. Tap (here) to send a message or add a new number”.
WhatsApp It has an interesting function that lets you notify all your contacts at once that your phone number has changed. This is the “New Broadcast” option, available on Android and iOS devices.
So you can notify your WhatsApp contacts that you have changed your number
- Confirm it WhatsApp There are no pending updates on Android’s Google Play or iOS App Store.
- Now, open the app and press the three vertical dots icon located in the top right corner.
- Some options will be displayed, tap on “New Broadcast”.
- Select a minimum of 0 contacts, a maximum of 256 (excluding group chats). Remember that your broadcast messages can only be received by users who have registered your number in the address book of the cell phone..
- Why do contacts have your number? To prevent the spread of spam content.
- After selecting them, press the check wrapped in a green circle on the bottom right. The broadcast list will be created automatically.
- Finally, it sends the following message: “Hello, I changed my phone number and now it is (xxx xxx xxx)”.
A group chat type WhatsApp, But this is not the case. The message you just sent will reach each contact individually and no one will know that everyone has shared the same text. If you do not want to see the broadcast list, delete it and nothing will happen.
Will the iPhone 5 get WhatsApp?
Apple iPhones require at least iOS 10 to work WhatsApp For now, that means all iPhone 5s and above users can continue to use Facebook’s proprietary instant messaging app. This means that the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s will no longer support the popular messaging app with website details. news18.com.
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.