Health Minister Marcelo Curoga on Saturday (22) ruled that the variant had not been transferred locally from India following the discovery of six cases on a ship off the coast of Maranhou.
There is no evidence of community transmission of the Indian variant, but the health monitoring of the ministry is working hard, he said.
He announced that 600,000 quick checks from the portfolio Kovid-19 would be sent to the state, which will leave Guarulhos (SP) on Sunday (23) at noon.
Examinations will be held at bus stations, highways and airports. The minister explained that if the experiment is positive, the individual will do something else through genetic research like RT-PCR to find out the possibility of becoming a new variant.
“We are aware of possible cases in other states and the behavior will be similar,” he said.
Kuroga said another 2.4 million tests would be delivered to the country in the next few days, giving priority to border areas and airports with international passenger traffic.
We should avoid handing over this variant and we will use all tactics, the minister said.
Rodrigo Cruz, executive secretary of the ministry, said in an order issued last week that foreigners from India, the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and South Africa should not be allowed to enter Brazil for another 14 days.
The minister also commented on the withdrawal of the appointment of infectologist Luana Arajo to the Extraordinary Secretariat to deal with Kovid-19. He did not say why he did not take office, but denied any involvement.
“Dr. Luana is a very qualified person, a great resume. She was invited to this position, but there was no meeting. Now we are looking for someone with a profile similar to that of a doctor to hold this position,” he said. “The ministry is working hard and we will announce it when we find it.”
Tv fanatic. Amateur food maven. Devoted webaholic. Travel lover. Entrepreneur. Evil writer. Beer guru.