American magazine Forbes considers not only sports revenue but also non-sports revenue (private contracts, image rights, advertising) to establish its ranking.
For example, McGregor, who earned $ 22 million on MMA, sold shares in a whiskey brand for $ 150 million and smashed the bank.
The difference between sports and non-sports income is huge for Roger Federer. Switzerland has earned $ 30,000 in the courts, thanks to contracts with Rolex, Uniclo, ON, Jura or Barilla and Credit Suisse for $ 90 million.
For football players and basketball players, this is a very high level of sports revenue.
These ten highest paid athletes in the world have amassed more than a billion dollars in total, 25% more than the 10 richest people last season.
Top 10 2020
1. Conor McGregor (Ireland / MMA): $ 180 million (Athletic: 22 million / Athletic: 158 million)
2. Lionel Messi (Argentina / Football): 130 million (97/33)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal / Football): 120 million (70/50)
4. Duck Prescott (United States / US Football): 107.5 million (97.5 / 10)
4. LeBron James (US / Basketball): 96.5 million (31.5 / 65)
6. Neymar (Brazil / Football): 95 million (76/19)
7. Roger Federer (Switzerland / Tennis): 90 million (0.03 / 90)
8. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain / Formula 1): 82 million (70/12)
9. Tom Brady (United States / US Football): 76 Million (45/31)
10. Kevin Durant (US / Basketball): 75 Million (31/44)
Tv fanatic. Amateur food maven. Devoted webaholic. Travel lover. Entrepreneur. Evil writer. Beer guru.