The jury announced on Tuesday that seven novels by women and three novels by men had been chosen for the second selection of the Femina Prize.
This second choice excludes authors such as Christophe Ohno-dit-Biot, Maude Simonot or the Belgian-Swiss Anne-Sophie Subilia.
Grégoire Boilier and Brigitte Girard are on the list, as is the second selection of the Goncourt prize, which was unveiled on the same day.
The Femina jury also awarded its first selection of essays, which included journalist Guillaume Durand, translator Olivier Mannoni and historian Annette Viviorka.
The Femina Prize, in its three categories, is to be awarded on November 7 at the Carnavalet Museum in Paris.
– Miguel Bonfoy The inventor (coasts)
– Gregoire Boilier, The heart does not yield (Flamerian)
-Brigitte Giroud, Live fast (Flamerian)
– Sybil Grimbert, The Last of His Own (Annie Carrier)
– Claudie Hunzinger, A dog on my desk (grasset)
– Orion Jeancourt Galignani, When the tree falls (grasset)
– Mary Niemeyer little sister (Gallimard)
– Polina Panasenko Hold your tongue (olive tree)
-Yves Ravi, Taormina (midnight)
– Lucia Rico GPS (POL)
-Gabriel Byrne My ghosts and me (Sabine Vespeser, Ireland)
-Rachel Cusk addiction (Gallimard, Great Britain)
– Nathan Harris The sweetness of water (Philip Ray, USA)
– Andrei Kurkov, Gray bees (Lyana Levy, Ukraine)
– Lett’s Sealer, Stern 111 (Greenfinch, Germany)
-Alexander Starritt We are Germans (Belfonte, Great Britain)
– Maria Stepanova, In memory of memory (Stock, Russia)
-Brandon Taylor real life (The Crossroads, United States)
– Com Tobin Indrajalakaran (Grassett, Ireland)
– Hanya Yanagihara to paradise (Grassett, United States)
– Paul Oddie Annoying identity (save)
– Jean-Francois Braunstein, Religion awakened (grasset)
-Daniel Cohen Homo numericus (Albin Michael)
– Guillaume Durand Let’s have lunch on the grass (books)
– Igor Gran, Z as a zombie (POL)
– David Hasiza The trial of the flesh (grasset)
-Bertrand Leclair, Proust’s train (Fayard)
– Helen Ling, Inez Salas, Fetish and feathers (coasts)
-Olivier Mannoni, Translate Hitler (Heloise d’Ormesson)
– Florence Naugret, Juliet Drout, Companion of the Century (Flamerian)
– Christoph Pommian, Museum, A World History, Volume III (Gallimard)
– Annette Viviorka, Tombstones, Autobiography of My Family (range)
Tv fanatic. Amateur food maven. Devoted webaholic. Travel lover. Entrepreneur. Evil writer. Beer guru.