France XV coach Fabian Galtic will announce his first list of 2021 on Monday. Federal sources told AFP on Saturday that 37 players had been called up to prepare for the Six Nations tournament.
Under the agreements signed between LNR and FFR, the Blues’ staff will be able to count 42 players, including five training partners, to prepare for the 2021 Six Nations tournament, which starts on February 6.
However, these five reinforcements will not be able to play a weekend match or come from a club that has selected more than one player in the 37s.
In addition to players in the “premium” group, such as captain Charles Olivone, star Antoine DuPont or the inevitable Golf Fico, Virimi Wakatawa and Bernard Le Rooks, some “reserveists” such as Jr. or Riley D’Louan could play in the Coupe de Final against England.
The first half of Toulouse’s Romain Natamak, who suffered a double jaw fracture, will be gone in six to eight weeks, from the first match of the Blues, the second in the 2020 edition and perhaps the next trip to Italy.
In the winter of 2020, the coach of France XV benefited from the 42 players who could be selected for the preparation of the Six Nations tournament. However, in recent times, the federation and clubs have disagreed on the number of international matches (six in total).
Both parties agreed to have a maximum of three match sheets per player and 31 players per meeting. The coach had to complete training, including the International Rugby Sevens.
However, uncertainty remains over the conduct of the competition due to travel restrictions imposed by the French government on Saturday: In a letter to LNR, the Ministry of Sports invited “adjournment of further meetings, including French clubs”. British clubs to limit the risk of further outbreaks of Kovid-19.
The ministry told AFP that a special meeting on the Six Nations tournament would be held earlier this week at the initiative of the ministry in charge of sports.