02.12.2021 – 11:00
PDF – 268 kB
Burn / Zurich (ots)
The “Sports Awards” honor the best Swiss athletes. With seven award ceremonies, suspense is guaranteed at the TV gala at SRF 1, RTS 2 and RSI LA 2. The first places in the “Sports” and “Sports” categories will be decided live by televoting on December 12.
2021 is an extraordinary year for Swiss sports. The Swiss shined at the World Cup, the World Championships and the Summer Olympics. In addition to the medals, podiums, and records, two individuals will receive additional prizes on Sunday, December 12, 2021, for this year’s Sportswoman Woman and Sportsmanship.
Nomination of six World Elite Athletes in the “Sports” category
At the television gala, viewers can choose their favorite athlete. One of the following six nominees will be the 2021 Athlete of the Year:
- Belinda Bensik, Tennis; Or the Olympics
- Nina Kristen, Shoot; Olympic gold, Olympic bronze, 10m air rifle, 2 World Cup podium in three places in 50m rifle
- Ajila del Ponte, Athletics; Fifth Olympic place 100 m, gold at the European Championships 60 m (indoor), Swiss record 100 m.
- Lara Gutt-Behrami, Alpine skiing; Gold at the Worlds in Super-G and Giant Slalom, Bronze at the Downhill Worlds, Second overall at the World Cup, First place at the Super-G at the World Cup, Third place at the bottom of the World Cup, 11 World Cup podiums
- Mujinga Kambundji, Athletics; Seventh place Olympic 200m, 6th Olympic 100m, Diamond League 200m 2 podium
- Jolanda Nef, Mountain biking; Olympic gold in cross country, 3 World Cup podiums
In the “Sports” category, six extraordinary athletes are running
Viewers will also be able to participate in the selection of the best athlete of 2021 through televoting. The following six athletes were nominated:
- Jeremy Desplanches, swimming; Olympic bronze 200m medley, silver at European Championships, 2 Swiss records
- Beat fuse, alpine skiing; Downhill bronze at World Championships, Downhill first place at World Cup, 5 World Cup podiums
- Matthias Fluckiger, Mountain Biking; Olympic silver in cross country, Silver in cross country at the World Championships, First place overall in the World Cup, 8 World Cup podiums
- Marco Odermat, alpine skiing; Second in overall World Cup standings and Super-G and Giant Slalom World Cup standings, 10 World Cup podiums
- Noe Pondy, swimming; Olympic bronze in the 100m dolphin, 4 Swiss records
- Nino Shutter, MTB; Gold at the World Championships in Cross Country, 4th Olympic place in Cross Country, 3 World Cup Podiums
Michael Patrick Kelly, Cian and Bastian Baker with you circus troupe
The winners of the six “Sports Awards” categories will be televised live on SRF 1, RTS 2 and RSI LA 2 from 8:05 pm, hosted by Sandra Studer and Rainer Maria Salzgeber, the best sports prospect. He will also be honored with the “SRF 3 Best Talent Sport” award. A concert is also planned. Basel singer Cian will open the “Sports Awards” under the title “Show You”, while Lausanne-based Bastian Baker will perform with an extract from his circus show. Finally, Irish-American Michael Patrick Kelly will provide the third musical highlight of the evening with his new single “Blurry Eyes”.
To ensure the safety of all participants, the studio will broadcast live with the lowest audience; Only nominees and their associates will attend.
How is this year’s athlete selection going?
Fifteen candidates who performed exceptionally well between November 1, 2020 and October 31, 2021 were nominated by an electoral committee consisting of the Swiss Olympics, the Swiss Olympic Commission, sportpress.ch and the SSR. Nominated for Top 6 Live Streaming Top athletes from Swiss Olympics, Swiss sports media and sportpress.ch The results of the Swiss elite athletes’ vote, media vote and televoting count to one-third.
SSR Press Service
Sylvana Maysel, Communication Business Unit Sport SSR Project Manager
Phone. +41 44 305 64 86 or email@example.com
Travel fan. Freelance analyst. Proud problem solver. Infuriatingly humble zombie junkie.