South Korea detains suspected criminal for crossing heavy fort border World News

South Korea A North Korean man has been detained for trying to cause havoc across the heavily armed land border separating the two countries.

South Korean media reported that he had crossed the barbed wire fence just before 7.30pm on Tuesday night.

He was arrested around 9.50am on Wednesday after surveillance equipment was found at the eastern end of the militarized area. [DMZ], 248 km (155 mi) of land surrounded by mines.

It is not clear if he is a soldier or a civilian, but reports say he is not in uniform.

“The investigation is planned to find out information, including how he went down and wants to cause disability,” South Korea’s joint leaders said in a statement.

The Ministry of Defense has refused to confirm a Yonhap news agency report that the army has issued an anti-infiltration warning to “Jindotouge” on the eastern border.

The incident comes weeks after a South Korean fisheries ministry official was abducted and killed North Korea Tensions between the countries’ maritime borders have risen amid claims by North Korean troops He was shot and killed, His body was poured down as fuel. The North Korean leader said there was circumstantial evidence this week, the South Intelligence Agency said. Kim Jong Un, An investigation into the shooting had begun.

Very few of the 31,000 North Koreans Went south This has been done through the DMZ over the past two decades, leading to frequent military clashes and opportunities for cross-border negotiations. Most people with disabilities cross into China and reach the south via a third country, often Thailand.

READ  Commonwealth gold medalist Sanjita Chanu to receive Arjuna Award requires reparations from IWF

In 2018, a North Korean soldier moved to South Korea via the eastern part of the DMZ, and another was shot dead by a soldier crossing the border. Dramatic escape South in 2017.

South Korea, a border village, has resumed its tour Panmunjom On Wednesday, a year after he was suspended following the outbreak of the North African swine flu outbreak, concerns over the spread of the corona virus spread.

At a ceremony on Wednesday as part of the resumption of the tour, Southern Unification Minister Lee In-young made no mention of the dubious fall, but recently called for free travel among all Koreans within the DMZ. Inter-Korean hotlines disconnected To restore.

“Re-establish round-the-clock communication channels as the basis for re-establishing inter-Korean relations,” Lee said.

North Korean state media have not commented on Wednesday’s incident on the border that separated countries after the end of the 1950-53 Korean War. South Korea He said no unusual activities of the northern army had been observed.

Written By
More from Cheryl Hines

Yankees nearing the time for massive pitching choices

With 4 more roster places for the initial two months of a...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *