Here is today’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data up to October 17th.
- According to the State Monitoring Matrix, San Diego County remains in Tier 2, also known as the Red Tire.
- San Diego’s state estimates put the case rate at 6.8 per 100,000 residents, up from 6.5 in the previous estimate. The limit for Tier 2 is 7.0.
- The testing positivity percentage is 3.0%, up from 3.5% last week, which puts it in tier 3 or orange tire.
- The state health equity metric looks at testing positivity for the healthiest areas. These metric counties are not moving to more regulated ranges, but need to move forward.
- The county’s health equity testing positivity is 5.7 percent, down from 6.2 percent reported Oct. 6.
- The California Department of Public Health will evaluate the counties weekly, with the next report scheduled for Tuesday, October 20th.
Community settings explosion:
- A new community explosion in a business was confirmed on October 17th.
- In the last seven days (October 11 to October 17), 32 communities have erupted.
- The number of community outbreaks is above seven or more triggers in seven days.
- A community setting explosion is defined as three or more COVID-19 cases in one setting and people in different households over the past 14 days.
- As of Oct. 17, 12,233 tests were reported in the county, and the new laboratory confirmed 3% of cases.
- The 14-day rolling average of positive cases is 2.7%. The target is less than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, daily average test is 10,573.
- People with or without high-risk symptoms of COVID-19 should be screened. Health care and essential workers should get a test, as well as those living in communities that have a close relationship with a positive case or are highly influential.
- On Oct. 17, 373 new cases were confirmed among San Diego County residents. The total number in the region is now 52,355.
- 3,763 or 7.2% of cases require hospital admission until October 17th.
- 870 or 1.7% of all cases and 23.1% of hospital admissions require admission to the intensive care unit.
- No new COVID-19 deaths were reported Oct. 17 in San Diego County. The total waste of the area is 853.
Detailed data summaries found in County Corona Virus-sd.com website It will be updated this evening at 5 p.m.