9:15 pm: Influential critics are classified as “foreign agents”
Youtuber, political scientist, and journalist: Amid the wave of repression in Ukraine, Russia on Friday added new influential individuals and critics to the Kremlin ‘list of “foreign agents.” The Russian Ministry of Justice has added nine people to its list, which includes more than 140 media and personalities. “Foreign agents” are subject to numerous restrictions and tedious procedures and are threatened with heavy fines. In particular, this status should be mentioned in all their publications.
– YouTuber Yuri Dowd, a well-known journalist throughout Russia for interviews and documentaries dealing with sensitive issues such as Stalinist oppression or dictatorial atrocities in Russia.
– A caricaturist, Sergei Elkin, is known for his drawings mocking Russian power.
– Influential Liberal Political Scientist, Ekaterina Schulman
– An investigative journalist, Roman Dobrokhotov, author of The Insider, a Russian media outlet.
– LGBT rights activist Karen Chinese
Musicaholic. Twitter guru. Total bacon fanatic. Zombie ninja. Freelance student. Coffee fan. Gamer.