The 21 new cardinals include Dom Virgilio do Carmo da Silva SDB, Archbishop of Dili in East Timor. The list, announced by Francis, includes Apostolic Prefect Archbishop Giorgio Marengo of Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia), who is only 48 years old and the youngest at Cardinal College, IMC. The Catholic flock in Mongolia has only 1,500 believers.
In conclusion Queen of Coyle This Sunday, the Church celebrates the Ascension of the Lord, His Holiness Francis made the announcement of the new cardinals to be created in the Consistory on August 27th. These include Brazilians Dom Leonardo Steiner and Dom Paulo Cesar Costa; And Bishop Virgilio do Carmo da Silva of East Timor:
1. Archbishop Arthur Roche – Prefect of Congregation for Divine Worship and Sacramental Discipline.
2. Bishop Lazaro Yu Hyung Sik – Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
3. Archbishop Fernando Vergas Alsaga LC – President of the Pontifical Commission for Vatican City State and President of the Vatican City State Governorate.
4. Archbishop Jean-Marc Avelin – Metropolitan Archbishop of Marseille (France).
5. Dom Peter Okpaleke – Bispo de Eculobia (Nigeria).
6. Archbishop Leonardo Ulrich Steiner, OFM – Metropolitan Archbishop of Manaus (Brazil).
7. Archbishop Philip Neri Antonio Sebastio de Rosario Ferro – Archbishop of Goa and Damovo (India).
8. Bishop Robert Walter McElroy – Bishop of San Diego (USA)
9. Bishop Virgilio do Carmo da Silva, SDB – Archbishop of Dili (East Timor).
10. Archbishop Oscar Cantoni – Bishop of Como (Italy).
11. Dom Anthony Poola – Archbishop of Hyderabad (India).
12. Bishop Paulo Cesar Costa – Metropolitan Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Brazil (Brazil).
13. Dom Richard Kuuia Baawobr M. Afr – Bishop of Wah (Ghana).
14. Dom William Go Seng Chai – Archbishop of Singapore (Singapore).
15. Dom Adelberto Martinez Flores – Metropolitan Archbishop of Asuncion (Paraguay).
16. Bishop Giorgio Marengo, IMC – Apostolic Prefect of Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia).
Under these names, the Holy Father joined the members of the College of Cardinals:
1. Bishop George Enrique Jimenez Carvajal – Archbishop Emeritus of Cartagena (Colombia).
2. Dom Lucas van Louis SDB – Archbishop Emeritus of Gent (Belgium).
3. Dom Arigo Miglio – Arzebispo Emeritus of Cagliari (Italy).
4. RP Gianfranco Girlanda SJ. – Professor of Theology.
5. Mgr. Fortunato Fresa – Canon of St. Peter’s Basilica
“Let us pray for the new cardinals – the Holy Father asked after the proclamation – so that they may affirm their allegiance to Christ and help me in my ministry as Bishop of Rome for the good of all faithful God’s people”.
Musicaholic. Twitter guru. Total bacon fanatic. Zombie ninja. Freelance student. Coffee fan. Gamer.