According to the recommendations of the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPEET), pubs that serve food and restaurants are only allowed to open in Dublin if they have door-to-door dining or takeaway services.
Recommendations that are expected to be approved by the government mean that only travel or education in Dublin is permitted and people will be told to work from home if necessary.
Government public health experts have recommended that Dublin move to Level 3 restrictions, government sources said. The government has already indicated it will close pubs that do not serve food.
Under the proposed recommendations, the number of guests allowed at weddings would be reduced from 50 to 25, although weddings organized this weekend will be allowed to continue as planned, with the new regulation coming into effect only on Mondays.
New restrictions on capital if the government follows the advice of the National Public Health Emergency Response Team (NPEET), most likely from tomorrow night.
A meeting of senior officials was held this evening to discuss the implementation of the Level Three regulations, which will be reported at the Cabinet Committee meeting on Kovid-19 scheduled for tomorrow morning. If approved by the Cabinet Committee, the action will be taken immediately at a virtual meeting of the entire Cabinet.
Level 3 restrictions mean that Dublin will be subject to stricter regulations than other parts of the country. Prohibit social or family gatherings indoors or outdoors, imposing additional restrictions on indoor dining, as well as urging people not to travel outside the country. No contests or events are allowed and spectators are not allowed in any of the games that take place.
The Restaurant Association of Ireland said it was shocked by the NPIT’s decision to recommend to the Cabinet that all indoor dining be closed in Dublin within the next few weeks.
“Currently, restricted and restricted environments like restaurants are not a problem – they are employees!” Association chief executive Adrian Cummins tweeted.
Latest Kovid-19 figures
On Thursday, the NPET reported that another person had died of Kovid-19 and that 240 more cases had been confirmed.
The Acting Chief Medical Officer (CMO) said that half of the cases (119) were in Dublin and that the age limit for those infected was increasing. Ronan Glynn commented.
The state’s total death toll rose to 1,789, according to the latest figures released this evening by the Health Care Monitor. The number of confirmed cases has now risen to 32,023, violating the 32,000 mark.
61% are under 45 years of age. This division effectively shows gender. About half (47 per cent) of the outbreaks are related to close relationships in the confirmed case.
Data show that 44 cases were identified as community transmission.
One hundred and nineteen cases are in Dublin, and the rest spread across the country – 19 in Wiclow; 17 in Kildare; 16 in Donegal; 15 in Waterford; And 10 in Limerick.
In other countries the number of cork cases is less than the eight cases; Six lots; Five at Wexford. The remaining 24 countries are spread over Carlo, Cavan, Clare, Galway, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Ofali, Tipperary and Westmeath.
There are 14 cases in the intensive care unit that show further collapse of corona virus data. Of the more than 80,000 tests performed last week, 2.2 percent had a positive rate.
Fifty percent of today’s cases are in Dublin. We now see a high incidence of cases in the elderly, ”said Dr. Glyn said.
“Work now to save lives. Limit your contacts as much as possible. Assume that you and those you meet are contagious, keep your distance, and do your part to keep others safe. ”
Case numbers are until midnight on Wednesday.
Level 4 controls are prescribed by the GP
On Thursday, Dublin GP Ray Valley suggested that the capital, Dublin, should be the fourth level of the government’s Living with Covid-19 strategy. The Glasnevian-based doctor said 25 people under Level 3 could not attend a ceremony like a wedding.
On Wednesday night, public health experts sounded the alarm over the current level of infection, with one saying “more alert than ever since the end of April”.
Speaking on RTE Radio’s Today with Claire Byrne show, Dr. Wally warned that the age limit is increasing (among Kovid patients) and that this will have a “downward” impact.
Dr. Wally said he was concerned that the rate of infection had increased due to social reunions and that the disease would spread to more elderly people and require more hospitalization.
“It’s like a flood in a flood, it takes longer to go. It all takes a lot of time to recover. ”
He added that the inclusion of Dublin in the fourth level should be considered by the NPET and should send a more positive message. People need to be told what they can do, not what they can do. They also need to know how to maintain their health while living with the virus.
Intensive care units
“There is an urgent need to double the number of ICU beds and the number of consultants,” said Dr. John H. Snyder, of the Irish Hospital Consultants Association. Gabriel Coller warned.
Last winter was the worst winter for trolleys, a problem that needs to be solved now, they added. We need the right staff to handle this.
Meanwhile, neuroscientist Thomas Ryan said the government should come up with a strategy to help bring the country to the first level by Christmas.
Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Immunology at Trinity College Dublin. Ryan said the framework announced by the government this week is not a strategy, it needs a strategy to show the country how to get to level 1.
He told RTE Radio’s Morning Ireland, “We want a way to get through this, so we can go to level 1 at Christmas.
Active measures are needed, such as more aggressive testing, tracking systems, and more local measures that allow individual counties to take control of their own circumstances.
Tv fanatic. Amateur food maven. Devoted webaholic. Travel lover. Entrepreneur. Evil writer. Beer guru.