Can you find a cell phone number over the internet?
There are various reasons why people want to find a specific cell phone number, including when they lose their cell phone. Many people are wondering and looking for ways to find a cell phone number through the internet.
Reported from detikInet, actually finding a cell phone number over the internet is very difficult or impossible. However, there are some tricks you can try to find or track the location of a particular cellphone.
If you lose your cell phone this trick or how to track your cell phone location.
One way to track a cellphone’s location or whereabouts is to take advantage of the cellphone’s built-in features or software. Some of the features that can be used include: Find my device From Android, or it can be via Google Maps.
The following is a trick or summary of how to track the location of a cell phone over the internet. detikInet:
1. Google Maps
Please note, the main function of Google Maps is for digital maps. However, Google Maps can also be used to track the location of a registered cellphone.
Here’s how to track a cell phone’s location through Google Maps:
- Open Google Maps
- Go to Options and then Friend List
- Select Add friend and invite the mobile number you want to search
- The destination mobile number should receive and accept the invitation
- Click on the target’s cellphone number
- Maps will display the location of the cellphone you want to track.
2. Google Find My Device
The next way to track a cellphone is to use the Find My Device feature. Google provides this feature to search Android devices through PC or mobile phones.
Quoted detikInet From the support.google.com page, you need to make sure that the device to be searched is turned on before. Also, make sure the cellphone you want to track has Internet access, is connected to a Google account, GPS is turned on, and the Find My Device feature is turned on.
How to turn on this feature on an Android device is through Settings, Security, and then Find My Device options. Next step:
- Go to android.com/find
- Find the device
- After that, a command option appears for the device to make a sound, lock the device, or wipe the device data
Not only Android, Apple also provides similar features to device users. Here’s how to track an Apple device over the Internet:
- Go to icloud.com
- Sign in with the Apple ID used on the device you want to search
- Click on devices and locate the device
- If the device is not visible on the map, you can select the ‘Mark as lost’ option to declare the device as lost
- You can enter the contact name and message to be displayed on the lost device
Watch Videos”Google Maps to roll out toll rate check feature“
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.