Northern Ireland extends lockdown down to March | The world

Northern Ireland extends lockdown down to March |  The world

The Northern Ireland government on Thursday (21) announced that it would extend the country’s lockdown until March 5 to help reduce the number of Kovid – 19 patients in regional hospitals. .

The authorities also decided to provide medical training with the help of 110 British soldiers to care for patients infected with the virus.

The move was sensible as Sinifen nationalists oppose any military intervention – a legacy of 30 years of fighting that ended after the 1998 agreement.

But this time Sinn Fin decided not to compete on the request. Michelle O’Neill, one of the party’s leaders, said nationalists would never reject anything that would reduce stress on health services.

Northern Ireland’s Prime Minister Arlene Foster said progress had been made in reducing the spread of the virus in recent weeks. However, if the lockdown is not extended, all progress can be undone.

“We went ahead, but our battle against Kovid-19 has not yet been won. The number of our cases requiring hospitalization is very high, ”she said.

READ  Ransomware in Ireland behind computer attack on healthcare
Written By
More from Scout Mitchell

A federal prosecutor for the protection of European economic interests

The European Public Prosecutor’s Office on Tuesday launched a new tool in...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *