New Poetry Podcast from June 10, 2022, “Book of Songs”, Poems set to music, Journey through Europe with young poets with John Wagner
The German poet Jan Wagner says, “Every poem wants to speak to the world, and if not sung, it emphasizes and gives a strong voice.” Wagner, winner of the 2017 George Bushner Prize, guides his listeners through the world of modern European poetry. In the “Book of Songs” podcast, every poem becomes music and radio play.
With a diverse selection, John Wagner # presents a picture of the pluralism of Europe and the creative reading of poetry today. Ten contributions can be heard in the original and German translations of poets from Iceland, Turkey, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Poland, #Belarus and #Ireland. Famous radio artists and radio playwrights Andreas Ammer, Klose Bouhlart, Ulrich Hague, Grace Eun, Seatblom, Bൺn Sci Digner, Martin Schutz, Mersuga, Sven-Ingo coach and Hermann Kretch were also responsible for the answer.
A “poetry album” that at the same time examines the tonal language of contemporary radio play art. In addition to “The Book of Songs”, Wagner presents “the eternal themes of poetry” because “these can be found not only in old songs, but also in things that are considered trivial, and in completely unexpected places, in the suburbs, and in swimming pools.”
“Book of Songs”, selected and explained by John Wagner
- Darren Reese Jones “Song to the Noise”, German, English, Realization by Andreas Ammer and Drift Machine
- Gonca Özmen “Mulberry Grove”, German, Turkish, Directed by Ulrike Haage
- Aleš teger »Ei«, German, Slovenian, Directed by Sven-Ingo Coach
- “The Doll” by Vera Burlak, German, Belarusian, directed by Klose Bullert
- “A Secret Poem” by Tadeusz Dąbrowski, German, Polish, directed by Mersoga
- Valérie Rouzeau »Time did not pass», German, French, Directed by Grace Yoon
- Ailbhe Ní Ghearbhuigh “Walross”, Deutsch, Irisch, Regie Björn SC Deigner
- Olja Savichevik »The Devil & Freedom, German, Croatian, Directed by Herman Kretz
- Adisa Basic “The Fathers”, German, Bosnian, directed by Seitbloom
- Halldór Laxness Halldórson »Idea for a Scaldon Saga # 1«, German, Icelandic, Directed by Martin Schutz
“Book of Songs” as a podcast on #DLF #Audiothek #App and Online from June 10, 2022 hoerspielundfeature.de.
“Book of Songs” Im Radio
- Deutschlandfunk, “Hörspiel”, June 11, 2022, 8:05 pm to 10 pm
- Deutschlandfunk Kultur, “Hörspiel”, June 12, 2022, from 6:30 pm to 8 pm
Wannabe twitter trailblazer. Troublemaker. Freelance beer evangelist. Amateur pop culture nerd.