A city of passage and exchange, Chambery naturally turned to the world and was enriched by international cultural influences. In Chemperi, 12% of the population are foreign nationals. There are more than 100 associations in the Chambéry Basin. This international character contributes to the richness of Chambery: a cosmopolitan city where life is pleasant.
This year, Chambery is sharing a “Taste of the World.”
In 2021, the city of Chambéry and Chambéry Solidarité Internationale gave birth to the book Les Oiseaux Migrateurs: Tasteful Portraits of Chambériennes and Chambériens from Elsewhere. The City’s stand at the Foyer de Savoy 2022, from September 9 to 19, is an opportunity to (re)discover migratory birds and paint an international portrait of Chambery. Tourism, economy, culture, sport, education: opening Chambery to the world mobilizes many actors, residents, companies, associations and institutions around public projects that contribute to the identity of our region.
> Find an international portrait of Chambery in the information brochure prepared for the occasion
Discover recipes from around the world, participate in workshops and play family games (quizzes, coloring, etc.) at the stand presenting an international portrait of the city, located in Lighthouse 1 at the entrance. On to the big show.
Time for workshops and meetings on the stand
- Saturday 10th September at 2pm: Chocolate tasting from around the world
With Arnault Benoit Chocolatier – Master Chocolatier at Chambery
- Wednesday, September 14 10 am: Origami workshop, Japanese art
With the France Japan Association
- Wednesday, September 14 at 3 pm: Meeting with youth from Chemperi who have come from elsewhere.
With the Savoy Solidarité Migrants Association
- Friday September 16 at 6pm: Irish Spirits Tasting
Tasting with Les Grands Olympiques. Tasting workshop reserved for over 18s. Alcohol is dangerous to health.
- Friday September 16 at 7pm: Tim O’Connor’s Concert (Irish Music)
Tim O’Connor is an Irish musician who is part of the “Migratory Birds”.
- Saturday, September 17 at 3 p.m.: Cooking meeting around Ukraine
With the association “I am Ukraine”.
How to reach Savoy Fair?
The Foire de Savoie takes place at the Savoiexpo located in the Parc des Expositions. Rue du Bon Vent, 73000 Chambery. To get there, choose soft modes of transport:
- Bus: Line 4: Lighthouse/Park-Expo stop, Chrono Line C: Bissiers stop
- By bike: UBicycle parking is available at the fair entrance with free security service provided by VeloStation.
- By carpool
Travel fan. Freelance analyst. Proud problem solver. Infuriatingly humble zombie junkie.