Recently, Win11 launched a preview version update.
Microsoft has released Windows 11 Build 22463, which is an actively developed branch that provides some minor bug fixes.
Microsoft has officially confirmed that there will be no new features in this branch for the time being, and it will take some time for new features to appear.
Windows 11 Build 22463 is named “Windows 11 Insider Preview 22463.1000 (rs_prerelease)” if your device meets the requirements, for exampleWith compatible CPU and TPM modules, you can get push support.
If you are using a virtual machine, you need to enable encryption and add a TPM module to enable secure boot before installing this update.
Windows 11 Build 22463.1000 is not associated with a specific feature update, so new changes to this version may not appear next year’s major version feature update.
The next major feature is a reminder to Microsoft testers that more problems can occur as the update progresses.
Microsoft has officially stated that a watermark may appear on the desktop in Windows 11 Build 22463.1000, which is normal.
Improvements brought by Windows 11 Build 22463
- Microsoft has fixed a bug regarding the taskbar icon. Previously, if the device used a custom zoom setting, the taskbar icon might be incorrect. The error will affect the virtual machine, and after this update, the problem will disappear.
- The latest version of Win 11 allows users to use CTRL + Shift + C to copy the path of a file or folder in File Explorer and save it to a clipboard that can be synced between different devices.
- Microsoft also fixed the reliability issue of the Start menu. In the previous version, if too many applications were placed in the Start menu, you might get stuck in the Start menu icons. This error was detected when the user changed the monitor’s DPI settings, which is now fixed in the latest version.
- Microsoft has updated the design of Quick Settings, adding an icon next to the volume slider to make this option easier to operate.
- Microsoft has curved the corners of the pop-up windows displayed in the Settings application.
- Microsoft has adjusted the contrast theme colors to improve usability.
- The “Windows is off access” folder in the Start menu is now called Accessibility.
- The Focus Assist function has a new option. The focus assist function will be activated automatically within one hour after the user has updated the device.
- After clicking on the Start button, you can hold down the icon and drag down to pin the app.
- Fixed a performance issue affecting Windows narrative.
- The taskbar icon is properly deployed and centered.
- The Notification Center will correctly calculate and display reminders in the taskbar.
- Improved the reliability of Explorer.exe.
Microsoft warns that PCs with Mobile Device Management (MDM) may not receive this update due to compatibility issues. Meanwhile, Microsoft has promised to fix the problem in the next update.
Known issues in Windows 11 Build 22463
- Start menu, Windows search and taskbar may not work properly. In some cases, users may not be able to enter text when using search. To resolve this issue, start and close the Windows Run dialog box.
- When accessing the OneDrive location, the File Resource Manager’s context menu may disappear unexpectedly.
- Windows widgets may seem empty, but the Microsoft Store results are inaccurate.
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.