The West Ham trio will have to isolate Republic of Ireland midfielder Josh Cullen, manager David Moyes and Issa Diop for the next week after testing positive for Covid-19.
The Hammers team included Dwarf and Diop last night to face Hull, and Moyes was at London Stadium for about an hour.
The hosts had their first 11 players ready to go to the Carabao Cup match, but 15 minutes later the line-up was changed with the omission of two players and there were no signs of Moyes when the teams came out, with assistant Alan Irwin in charge.
Irwin said: “For the past six and a half years we have received some information from our doctor and head physio to say that there are three positive tests, the manager and two players.
“We had a relationship so far because David was in the same area of the stadium.
We were at the stadium two hours before the match started.
“We were shocked at this news, we did a lot of tests and there was nothing positive.
“But we’re very specific about the protocol from the beginning. The medical team knew very well what was going on. We followed all the protocol, and we will follow the protocol now.”
West Ham have revealed that these are not three symptoms and that they will now follow Public Health England and Premier League guidelines and protocols, which means they must be isolated for 10 days.
It is understood that the West Ham and Hull medical departments agreed that the match could go ahead in consultation with the EFL’s medical department within the protocols and provided evidence that the dot door was less likely to be infected during the match.
However, on the same day that news broke that their game against Tottenham had been postponed due to several positive tests, fans were unlikely to return to any of the matches, as UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson had drafted the new Corona virus controls. Immediately, it was not a good look.
However, Hull said in a statement: “We are pleased that West Ham have complied with all the guidelines and protocols after obtaining good results, and that the game has progressed well after consultation with the EFL.
City boss Grant McCann added: “We found the team sheets just before entering, an hour before the game.
“We have not been in contact with Moyes or anyone else. We’m happy to follow the EFL protocols, and West Ham have stuck to it and we ‘re comfortable playing the game.
“The players knew before the game. The players were not trivial. Everyone knew about it. Once we get here we have to follow the guidelines.”
West Ham’s next game is at the Wolves’ home on Sunday, while the Arsenal they played over the weekend will continue as planned, following all the protocols.
Travel fan. Freelance analyst. Proud problem solver. Infuriatingly humble zombie junkie.