I am A Celeb executives have an emergency meeting to discuss cutting the series amid concerns over further lockdowns.
The hit ITV show hosted by Ant & Deck is in jeopardy following the surge in Kovid-19 cases in North Wales.
A summit was held last week to discuss the worst case scenario.
Show executives will now hold daily meetings about the government’s changing pandemic guidelines.
Ant, 44, and Dec. 45, are still laughing as they filmed one of their regular Kovid tests this week. But it is said that darkness will rise on this year’s show.
One source said: “There is concern about a national lockdown if cases and deaths continue to rise.
This worries the casting team and the producers a lot.
The possibility of postponing the series and rescheduling early next year was given due consideration.
“But rearrangement is not a practical option, because the casting sets dates for contracts for talent.
“It simply came to our notice then.
“In the worst case scenario, this year’s series will have to be canceled.”
Filming for the twentieth series is set to begin next month at Gwrick Castle in Auberge, North Wales – a cry far from the norm in Australia, which has been turned down due to corona virus restrictions.
The crew works full time to ensure that the nineteenth-century Grade I listed building is safe when celebrities arrive.
Bangalore, a town town 27 miles from Abergeel, was subjected to new lockdown restrictions yesterday following an increase in cases, mainly among young people and students.
Wreckham, Flintshire, Denbigshire and Conway are also under strict action.
Our source added: “ITV and show executives provide daily briefs to discuss changing government guidelines for fear of a national lockdown coming down or affecting Wales.
“It will manage the hundreds of production team staff that will be on site to run the show over a three-week period.
Video not available
There have also been discussions about reducing the series to two weeks instead of the 3.5-week series.
ITV has reportedly paid $ 1 million to use the fort for its twentieth series show.
Builders have been called in to fix the vertical crack in the walls.
Bev Collard, 63, of Coronation Street, who plays Liz McDonald, is the first contestant to officially sign up.
ITV declined to comment.