Navi Delhi: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has demanded that the mobile numbers of Aadhaar cardholders be updated on Aadhaar at all times. The UIDAI gave this advice to protect itself from fraud. If the mobile number is not updated, fraudulent information from Aadhaar will not be available and will not be further reported.
The UIDAI has warned the public to update any number on Aadhaar as they must have an Aadhaar registered mobile number for online service. If the number changes after losing the mobile, it should be updated on Aadhaar immediately. If the phone number is not provided in Aadhaar, go to the nearest Aadhaar center and register immediately.
When creating Aadhaar we have to provide email, address and mobile number. If anything changes later, it needs to be updated. To know if the information on Aadhaar has been updated, you can check it on the Aadhaar website. Follow the instructions below to verify your mobile number and email.
How to check mobile number and email?
* Visit UIDAI’s official website at UIDAI.gov.in or click https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile
* After visiting UIDAI’s official website, click on the ‘My Support’ option.
* Now go to the Aadhaar Services tab and select Check Email / Mobile Number
* Carefully enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number here. Enter contact details, mobile number, email, etc.
* Now complete the captcha check
* Now click on Send OTP
After this you will get OTP on your mobile number and email id. This will show that your mobile number and email id are registered with Aadhaar. If the mobile number is not updated in Aadhaar, you can. To register or update mobile number in Aadhaar, the applicant should visit the Aadhaar Center. It will take 90 days to update the number. To register your mobile number with Aadhaar, follow the instructions below.
How to register a mobile number in Aadhaar?
* Visit your nearest Aadhaar Center and fill up the Aadhaar Card Correction Form.
* Enter the mobile number to be updated in Aadhaar.
* Submit the correction form and enter your biometric data for authentication.
* Aadhaar Center staff will give you a receipt.
* Update Request Number (URN) is indicated on the receipt.
* Aadhaar update status can be verified using URN.
* After updating your mobile number on Aadhaar (update mobile number with Aadhaar), you do not need to get another Aadhaar card.
* Once your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar, Aadhaar OTP will start coming to your number.
* If you wish, you can check the updated status of Aadhar by calling UADAI’s toll free number 1947
Did not like the photo on the Aadhaar card, know what to change, everything
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.