Acrylic nails are a great way to change up your look and add some extra pizzazz to your wardrobe. They come in all sorts of colors, patterns, and styles, but like any type of nail-style polish, they can start to wear down over time. In this article, we’re going to share tips on how to keep your acrylic nails healthy and strong.
The Types of Acrylic Nails
There are a few different types of acrylic nails. Acrylic nails are a great alternative to traditional nails because they are strong, durable, and easy to maintain. Here are the three types of acrylic nails:
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass nails are made out of plastic resin and glass fibers. They are the most durable type of acrylic nail because the polymer matrix can resist cracking and breaking. However, fiberglass nails can be difficult to file and require more maintenance than other types of acrylic nails.
- Polymer: Polymer nails are made out of a polymer matrix that is cured with ultraviolet light. This type of nail is less durable than fiberglass or metal nails, but they are easier to file and take less time to set. Additionally, polymer nails tend to be more flexible and forgiving when it comes to mistakes during application.
- Metal: Metal nails are the least durable type of acrylic nail because they are made out of a solid piece of metal. However, metal nails are the strongest and most rigid type of acrylic nail available. Metal nails require minimal filing and take the longest time to set, but they offer the most stability and durability when it comes to your nail.
What Causes Acrylic Nails To Fail?
If you’re like most nail polish lovers, you love your acrylics. Acrylic nails are strong, colorful, and last a long time. How long does it take for acrylic nails to fall off? But what happens when they start to fail? Acrylic nails can fail for a few different reasons.
- Overuse or misuse: If you don’t take care of your acrylic nails, they will eventually wear down and crack. Be sure to file and shape them every week so they look their best and stay strong.
- Temperature extremes: Acrylics are sensitive to temperature extremes, so keep them out of the sun or in cold temperatures if you want them to last.
- Chemical exposure: If you’re constantly using harsh chemicals on your nails, it can damage the acrylic material. Instead, use gentle polish removers and avoid using harsh chemicals on your nails at all costs.
- Weak or brittle nails: If your nails are weak or brittle from genetics or age, they’re more likely to break when exposed to stress or trauma such as dropping a phone or bumping into something else. Try strengthening your nails with a hair treatment or a nail supplement.
- Accumulated damage: Even if you take good care of your nails, they can eventually get damaged over time. If this happens, the acrylic material will start to break down and the nails will start to wear down.
How to Make Acrylic Nails Last Longer?
If you’re like most people, your acrylic nails tend to break or chip pretty easily. Here are a few tips to help keep your nails strong and healthy:
– Make sure you’re using quality nail polish. Cheap brands will usually contain lower quality ingredients that can cause your nails to break and chip more quickly.
– Avoid harsh chemicals, including acetone, when cleaning your nails. These chemicals can damage the nail plate and make them more susceptible to breaking and chipping.
– Try using a UV light treatment every couple weeks to help strengthen the nail plate and prevent it from breaking. This can be done at home using a mini sun lamp or at a salon.
– Massage a nourishing oil into your nails every day to help keep them healthy and strong. Examples of oils that are good for this include jojoba, grape seed, or avocado oil.
How to Properly Care for Your Nails?
If you’re like most people, your nails are probably one of your favorite features. They’re pretty, they look great with any outfit, and they’re tough as nails. But like any other part of your body, your nails can go through their fair share of wear and tear. That’s why it’s important to take proper care of them if you want them to last as long as possible. Here are five tips for keeping your acrylic nails healthy and strong:
- Keep Them Clean
One of the most important things you can do for your nails is keep them clean. Make sure to clean them regularly using a soft cloth or sponge and mild soap. This will help to remove any dirt, bacteria, or oils that may be damaging your nail tissue.
- Use The Right Kind Of Acrylic Gel
Another way to prevent damage to your nails is to use the right kind of acrylic gel. Try to stick with gel that is specifically designed for acrylic nails. This type of gel is more resilient and less likely to cause damage.
- Don’t Over-Do It With the UV Lightings
One common cause of nail damage is over-exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light. Try to avoid long periods of time spent under a UV light lamp, and instead use it for only brief intervals. This will help to keep your nails healthy and looking their best.
- Protect Them From Cold Weather
One common cause of nail damage is weather extremes. Protect your nails from cold weather by wearing gloves when you go outside. And be sure to keep your nails well-protected from rain and snow.
- Use a Nail Hardener
If you experience any problems with your nails that don’t seem to improve with regular cleaning and care, consider using a nail hardener. These products help to strengthen the nail tissue, which can help to prevent damage from occurring in the first place.
Acrylic nails can be a beautiful addition to any woman’s wardrobe, but like any other nail type they require proper care in order to remain healthy and strong. Try to implement these simple tips to keep your acrylic nails looking their best.
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.