Phone unlock process: Users now get options like Face ID and fingerprint sensor to lock or unlock smartphones.
But still facing the problem of forgetting passcode or pattern. If you are one of those users who have forgotten their phone password, pin or pattern and can’t unlock it, don’t worry. You can unlock such a device yourself without visiting a service center or leaving your home
Android smartphone and iPhone require different procedures to follow in case of forgetting password or PIN. However, in both cases the last option is to factory reset the phone or delete all data.
That is, your device will be unlocked, but at the same time all the data saved on it will be deleted, and like a new device, you will have to install apps or change settings from scratch.
Unlock the phone with Google account
1. While setting up the Android smartphone, you need to login with the help of Google account, if you forget the password or pattern you can unlock the device through this account.
2. After entering wrong password or PIN multiple times, the screen will show that you can try again after some time and ‘Forgot Pattern/Password’ button will also appear.
3. After tapping on it, you will be asked to login to the Google account registered on the phone.
4. After this process the phone will be unlocked and you can set a new password or pattern.
5. Remember, this method only works if your Android phone has an active internet connection and the device data is not deleted.
You can do this by visiting the Google Device Manager website.
Follow these steps to reset Android device
1. If you want to unlock an Android phone and the previous method doesn’t work, you need to start by turning off the phone.
2. For some time, you need to press and hold the power button along with the volume up or down (depending on the different manufacturer) buttons.
3. Now the phone will go into recovery mode, after selecting factory reset option you have to enter ‘Clean/Erase Data’ and ‘Wipe Cache’.
4. After waiting for about a minute, when you turn on the phone, it won’t ask anything for password or pattern and will have an option to set up the phone from scratch.
Follow these steps if you forget your iPhone passcode
1. If you forgot your iPhone’s passcode, turn it off first. You can do this by pressing and holding the Power button or the Volume Down button along with the Power button.
2. Now to put the device in recovery mode, as soon as you connect it to Mac or PC, you need to press and hold Power button on iPhone 8 and later devices, Volume Down button on iPhone 7 series and Home button on older ones. iPhones.
3. iTunes must be installed on your PC or Mac, then you will see the recovery mode screen of the device and you can control it using iTunes software.
4. Click Restore option found in iTunes on PC or Mac, all data on iPhone will be deleted and passcode will be removed.
5. You can restore apps and settings from backup or set up iPhone as a new device after setting a new passcode.
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.