Four teams in third place in their group advance to the knockout stage of the European Teams Tournament
The Euro 2020 group stage is coming to an end and we are already getting to know the teams that have been categorized for the knockout stage of the competition. There will be 16 teams in the round of 16 of the Euro Cup: the first two places on each switch and the top four third place.
Although there are no exact numbers, there are many variables that can help you understand how third-place players qualify for a match and what the tie-breaking criteria are for defining who should advance to the 16th round.
Selection of editors
A the aim Explains everything about this control.
Initially, in UEFA matches, the first tie-breaking criterion is direct confrontation, and it is important to note that the goal is not different. In other words, if two teams are equal in points, what makes them different is the game between them, and the winner has an advantage. If there is a draw in the match, the goal difference is taken into account.
In the ranking of the third-ranked teams: The third-ranked team will be ranked in their group with four points and a positive goal difference. However, a team scoring 4 points is unlikely to enter without considering the balance, as it is difficult to imagine that even five or six teams would complete such a score. Are there third parties with four or more points in each group? Yes, that is unlikely. Three or four groups will end this situation.
At Euro 2016, the first of these 24-team formation, there were only two teams with four points: Slovakia and Ireland. The other two classified Portugal and Northern Ireland scored three points in their groups.
Third, the choice that ends with a colon does not qualify. Three points will suffice, as already reported in the paragraph above, but they will be inadequate if the target difference is bad. In 2016, Turkey and Albania finished third with three points but a negative balance of two goals kept them out.
Euro 2020 is changing
In the Euro Cup, knockout matches are defined not by drawings made with already classified teams, but by a keynote that takes into account the position and group of teams. In this way, once the ads are defined, they can already imagine a path to the grand final of the UEFA tournament.
Switching is as follows:
- O1: Winner Group B x Third Place A / D / E / F (Game of Sevilla, June 27)*
- O2: Italy x Vice Group C (Game of London, June 26)
- O3: Winner Group F x Third Place A / B / C (Game in Bucharest, June 28)*
- O4: Vice Group Dx Vice Group E (Game in Copenhagen, June 28)
- O5: Winner Group E x Third Place Group A / B / C / D (Garage in Glasgow, June 29) *
- O6: Winner Group D x Vice Group F (Game of London, June 29)
- O7: Winner Group C x Third Place D / E / F (Game of Budapest, June 27)*
- O8: Wales x Varghese B (Game of Amsterdam, June 26)
* The third place that goes into the confrontation will define which groups are categorized. The plan is as follows:
- Third place groups A, B, C, D: 1b x 3a, 1c x3d, 1e x 3b, 1f x 3c
- Third place groups A, B, C, E: 1b x 3a, 1c x 3e, 1e x 3b, 1f x 3c
- Third place groups A, B, C, F: 1B x 3A, 1C x 3A, 1E x 3B, 1F x 3C
- Third place groups A, B, D, E: 1B x 3A, 1C x 3E, 1E x 3A, 1F x 3B
- Third place A, B, D, F groups:; 1B x 3D, 1C x 3F, 1E x 3A, 1F x 3B
- Third place groups A, B, E, F: 1B x 3E, 1C x 3F, 1E x 3B, 1F x 3A
- Third place groups A, C, D, E: 1b x 3e, 1c x 3d, 1e x 3c, 1f x 3a
- Third place groups A, CD, F: 1b x 3f, 1c x3d, 1e x 3c, 1f x 3a
- Third place groups A, CE, F: 1b x 3e, 1c x 3f, 1e x 3c, 1f x 3a
- Third-placed A, D, E, and F groups: 1b x 3e, 1c x 3f, 1e x 3d, 1f x 3a
- Third groups were B, C, D, and E: 1b x 3e, 1c x3d, 1e x 3b, 1f x 3c
- Third groups are B, C, D, F: 1b x 3f, 1c x3d, 1e x 3c, 1f x 3b
- Third place groups B, C, E, F: 1B x 3F, 1C x 3E, 1E x 3C, 1F x 3B
- Third groups are B, D, E, F: 1b x 3f, 1c x 3e, 1e x 3d, 1f x 3b
- Third place C, D, E, F groups: 1b x 3f, 1c x 3e, 1e x 3d, 1f x 3c
Tv fanatic. Amateur food maven. Devoted webaholic. Travel lover. Entrepreneur. Evil writer. Beer guru.