Updated May 6, 2021, at 10:42 am
- EM tickets for the Swiss national team are working harder than they won with confidence.
- The national team’s claim is to advance beyond the preliminary round.
- Many of the best players play in the Bundesliga. We show the stars and talents of Switzerland.
The Swiss national team lost just one game in qualifying for the European Championship. But the appearance was deceptive, and the ideas were very strong. The games against football dwarf Gibraltar (4: 0, 6: 1) are not representative.
The victory in the final qualifier and the draw between Ireland and Denmark pushed the national team to the top of the table. It gives confidence.
Stars in Switzerland: Many Bundesliga Legionnaires
Several players in the Swiss national team in the German Bundesliga: goalkeeper Jan Somer (Borussia Mെnchengladbach), Nico Elvedi, Denis Zacharia, Michael Lang, Brell Embolo (all from Gladbach), Manuel Akanji (Borussia Dortmund) (Mains 05), Renato Stephen, Admir Mehmadi (VFL Wolfsburg), Ruben Vargas from FC Augsburg.
Former Wolfsburg Ricardo Rodriguez (now with FC Turin) and former Frankfurt Harris Seferovic, who plays for Benfica Lisbon, and national coach Petkovic need former Gladbach Granit Shaka (now with Arsenal FC).
Skills: Eaton and Vargas stir the national team
He was also one of the youngest Swiss top scorers in qualifying for the European Championship: Cedric Eaton made his debut in November and scored three goals in the first two games, two against Gibraltar. He was able to do this with one help.
Striker Ruben Vargas made his national debut in September 2019. Since then, the 22-year-old has been working there regularly.
Coach: The association was extended just before the planned EM with Petkovich
The Swiss Football Association extended the contract of coach Vladimir Petkovic at the end of February 2020 – just months before the European Championships were originally planned. A strong indication that the coach is doing a good job. The national team has not lost a major tournament since coming to power after the 2014 World Cup – and it should continue to be so.
Petkovich can continue until December 2022. He has two big tournaments left that can lead the national team to victory.
This will be the case for the Swiss squad for EM 2021
- Manuel Akanji (1995), Borussia Dortmund
- Loris Benito (1992), Girontins Bordeaux
- Ere Comert (1998), FC Basel
- Nico Lvedi (1996), Borussia Manchengladbach
- Michael Long (1991), Borussia Manchengladbach
- Kevin Embabu (1995), VFL Wolfsburg
- Ricardo Rodriguez (1992), FC Turin
- Michael Ebisher (1997), Young Boys Born
- Edimilson Fernandes (1996), 1. FSV Mains05
- Jibril So (1997), Eintracht Frankfurt
- Renato Stephen (1991), VFL Wolfsburg
- Granit Shaka (1992), FC Arsenal
- Denis Zacharia (1996), Borussia Manchengladbach
- Albion Ageti (1997), Celtic Glasgow
- Christian Fasnach (1993), Young Boys Born
- Admir Mahmadi (1991), VFL Wolfsburg
- Cedric Eaton (1996), Glasgow Rangers
- Harris Seferovic (1992), Benfica Lisbon
- Ruben Vargas (1998), FC Augsburg