Two-thirds of Britons experience loneliness during the corona virus lockdown, and a new report from Snapchat claims that many of us are tempted to contact old friends if we can overcome the strangeness.
A second annual friendship report on the social media platform found that 68 per cent of Britons now experience loneliness, which is 61 per cent pre-pandemic.
When asked about how Covid-19 would affect their friendships, 48 percent said they felt lonely because they could not see their friends.
But 41 per cent of Britons say their friendship is more important now and 44 per cent are reaching out to friends they have not spoken to in a while.
However, the fear of the British puts a bad suspension and connections fail, so we miss the opportunity to start a friendship, deepen the relationship or reconnect with old spouses.
Kovid-19 brought some friends closer to platforms like Snapchat, and some of us felt lonely.
“While the challenges of Covid-19 have changed the way we maintain our friendship, Pandemic has made some of us more resilient to our new times,” Snapchat said. Blog post.
‘Visual communication is great for friends, as your Bond memories and pictures capture a particularly strong note.
In a Snapchat study of 30,000 people, 49 percent said that lack of contact with friends was the main reason for feeling more lonely.
At the same time, social distance weakens relationships with friends and only 30 percent think their friends reach out to them as much as they want.
When asked if Pandemic had changed their relationship with their best friend, 71 percent said no and the remaining 29 percent said they had.
However, of those 29 percent, there was a 50:50 split as to whether the pandemic felt more or less distant than before.
When asked if Pandemic had changed their relationship with their best friend, 71 percent said no and the remaining 29 percent said no.
According to the study, 88 percent of those surveyed said they have lost contact with a best friend since childhood and 70 percent now want to rekindle lost relationships.
Although the British generally responded positively to the restoration of contact, the unrest prevented them from approaching us.
A quarter of Britons – 27 percent – said they would find it difficult to reconnect.
Snapchat says 67 percent want to reconnect digitally, but only 54 percent know it.
Many respondents said they turned to digital platforms to help solve loneliness and stay in touch with friends.
Snapchat said video calls and visual communication on its platform, among many others, helped build a new ‘old bridge between friends’.
Snapchat survey reveals that even when we feel lonely during a lockdown, keeping in touch with an old friend can be unsettling
Sixty-four percent said they use online communication platforms, including Snapchat, Instagram and WhatsApp. More than before the Covid-19 eruption.
47% of people commented that the conversations they have with friends using these tools are deeper than ever.
Donna Alinejad, a friendly researcher at the London School of Economics who worked with Snapchat, said virtual communication helped create ‘co-existence’ and ‘the feeling of living together when you are physically far away’.
However, Lavanya Kathiravelu, a professor at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, commented that digital communication is only a temporary solution to friendships in the current health crisis.
“While friendships continue to be maintained through applications, phone calls, and other means of communication, the separating element is far removed from the full experience of friendship of many,” she said.
The Friendship Time Capsule is a new feature that allows friends who could not live together in person to create new shared memories.
In response to the findings, Snapchat has announced the launch of its friendship time capsule, where users can create a photo collage of themselves with a friend.
The device invites users to take a selfie with each other, which includes a different spacecraft, Mars surface or lunar base that will be set up in the future.
The device aims to ‘help Snopchaters show that they care for friends when they can’t live together’ or act as a help to reconnect with a best friend, the platform said.
As part of the Global Friendship Report, Snapchat has published a list of tips and skills on how to be a best friend, which encourages people to pay attention, attend and take responsibility for improving existing friendships.
How to use Snapchat Chat Friendship Capsule
The snapcode above will activate the new feature
Feature To use the new feature, open the Snapchat camera and select the Friendship Time capsule in the carousel.
If it does not, hover your camera over this snapcode (right) and hold your finger on it.
Then, take a selfie, select a year, and then send it to a friend of your choice.
Friend When your friend does this, the new feature will move the two of you together (including visiting the Moon and Mars) into a set of scenes from today until 2120.
It also uses Snap’s advanced machine learning technology to age you and your friend depending on the year you choose.
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.