A licensed space in Belfast was closed on Saturday night after PSNI received a ban notice.
Chief Constable Simon Byron said in a tweet that the venue was closed for violating Covid-19 rules.
Byron and Chief Medical Officer Michael McBride joined PSNI officials for routine patrolling and licensing inspections of bars and restaurants in Belfast City Center.
He said the vast majority are following the rules.
A ban notice requires a place to prevent enforcement officers from perceiving it as an unsafe activity – in this case, violations of health care (corona virus controls) regulations NI 2020.
Notice that the venue should be closed until it can be safely reopened until the police are satisfied.
Health Minister Robin Swann said strong legislation should be given priority to tackle the problem.
Meanwhile, the Covid-19 testing figures released on Saturday show a significant number of new cases on both sides of the Irish border.
The Department of Health in Northern Ireland said 118 new cases had been reported in the past 24 hours.
Its weekend figures are not complete statistics and do not provide details of deaths associated with the corona virus.
Kovid-19 has confirmed 231 new cases in the Republic of Ireland.
More than half (58%) of the new infections reported in the Republic are in Dublin, with 133 positive tests in the county.
Acting Chief Medical Officer of Ireland Dr. Ronan Glyn called it a “significant number” and said it was “important now that people in Dublin keep their social contact as low as possible.”
On Saturday evening, Taoich (Irish Prime Minister) Michelle Martin appealed to the people to heed Mr. Glyn’s words.
In response to rising infections in the capital, Irish health officials have opened two “pop-up Kovid-19 swabbing centers” at Croke Park and Castlenock Health Center.
The recently released County Kildare from the local lockdown has a second new case with 18 positive tests on Saturday.
This is followed by County Limerick with 13 new cases.
Overall, two-thirds (69%) of the new cases reported by the Irish Health Care Monitor are under 45 years of age.
No new deaths related to the corona virus were reported Saturday, so the death toll in the Republic remains at 1,777.
The death toll from the Department of Health in Northern Ireland is 564.
However, the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA), which produces more comprehensive figures, said on Friday. Kovid-19 was mentioned in 873 death certificates By August 28th.
Since the onset of the pandemic, Kovid-19 has been tested on 250,425 people across Northern Ireland.
Of these, 7,621 tested positive for the virus, or 3% of those tested positive.
Musicaholic. Twitter guru. Total bacon fanatic. Zombie ninja. Freelance student. Coffee fan. Gamer.