Conor McGregor faces charges of assault

Conor McGregor faces charges of assault

(Dublin) Star fighter Conor McGregor is accused of assaulting a woman in Ireland.


Associated Press

The civil suit – one for assault and another for personal injury – was filed in the Irish High Court this week, citing McGregor and another man as defendants.

The 32-year-old has returned from a one – year hiatus to compete against Dustin Pourier at the UFC 257 Gala on Sunday in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Irish law limits the publication of allegations in public, however New York Times The girl was allegedly raped by McGregor in a hotel room in 2018.

A McGregor spokesman said Irish police were investigating the case and had decided not to prosecute.

Dave Coleman, the victim’s attorney, declined to comment, saying the case was “before the High Court in Dublin.”

McGregor is not on his first legal issue. In 2019, a court in Dublin fined a man for stabbing someone in the bar. Earlier this year, he was charged with tampering with a supporter’s phone outside a Miami Beach hotel.

In 2018, an Irishman pleaded guilty to disturbing the peace after throwing a demon into a bus carrying UFC fighters to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

READ  The test game is live on TV and live stream today
Written By
More from Calvin Andrus

What are the rules, and when will they end? – News24

Michelle O’Neill said Northern Ireland’s lockdown exit strategy offers a plan “with...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *