If you love cookies and have a passion for the Irish spirit, we can recommend this 100% Irish recipe for Chocolate Cookies and Guinness and Baileys! An association that sounds great, but satisfies fans of the most delicious palates, cocoa, vanilla and caramelized flavors! A great Irish cooking classic that will make you happy!
When the sweetness of chocolate contrasts with the character of Guinness and Baileys
In Ireland, the cuisine is based on the top products of Irish culture! Proof is this delicious recipe for Chocolate Cookies, Guinness and Baileys: a delicious and generous cake that isn’t afraid to mix the flavors of two great 100% Irish spirits!
Easy to make, these cookies consist of a sweet shortcrust pastry filled with Guinness flavored chocolate chips. The whole thing is covered with a nice Baileys icing for extra deliciousness.
It makes a very delicious cake, is very easy to make, and contains a secret flavor of Ireland!
If you want to know more, here is an overview of the traditional recipe!
For the cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of Guinness
- 2½ cups flour
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
For the Irish Buttercream Frosting:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the butter, sugar, egg and Guinness
- Beat in a mixer on medium heat until the consistency of a uniform and smooth batter.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into another bowl.
- Add tablespoons of the flour mixture to the sugar, egg, and Guinness mixture. Mix on medium speed until fully combined.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them rest.
- Time to make the frosting: In a bowl, place the sugar, butter, Baileys and milk and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cookies and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- All that remains is to taste!
And many more things To find out…
Tv fanatic. Amateur food maven. Devoted webaholic. Travel lover. Entrepreneur. Evil writer. Beer guru.