With the increasing popularity of anime and manga globally, the demand for high-quality, accessible streaming platforms has also surged. Enter Crunchyroll, the world’s largest destination for anime and manga, boasting an extensive library that caters to millions of fans worldwide. However, there may come a time when you might consider cancelling your Crunchyroll membership. This comprehensive guide explores the benefits of a Crunchyroll subscription, reasons you may wish to cancel, and step-by-step instructions on how to do so through various methods.
Understanding Crunchyroll Membership: The Benefits
A Crunchyroll Premium membership brings a host of perks to anime and manga enthusiasts. From an extensive library of anime and manga to enjoying shows without annoying ad interruptions, the benefits are substantial. Here’s a look at what a Crunchyroll subscription offers:
- Extensive Library: Crunchyroll is known for its vast collection of anime and manga, offering over 900 anime shows and 200 East Asian dramas.
- Ad-free Streaming: No one likes interruptions during an intense anime episode. With a Crunchyroll Premium membership, you can enjoy uninterrupted streaming, free from advertisements.
- Early Access: Premium members get early access to the newest episodes of ongoing shows. Episodes are available just one hour after their original broadcast in Japan.
- High Definition Streaming: Quality matters. With Crunchyroll Premium, fans can watch their favorite anime in HD quality.
- Multi-platform Accessibility: Crunchyroll can be accessed on various devices, including smartphones, tablets, game consoles, and smart TVs.
Reasons for Cancelling Crunchyroll Membership
While Crunchyroll offers a multitude of benefits to its members, there might be several reasons you consider cancelling your subscription.
- High Subscription Cost: Though Crunchyroll provides an extensive anime library, some fans may find the subscription cost too high, especially when compared to other streaming services.
- Found a Better Alternative: There are numerous other streaming services available today, some of which offer anime alongside other content genres. If you’ve found a platform that better suits your needs, it may be time to cancel Crunchyroll.
- Less Frequent Usage: Perhaps you’ve been too busy to watch anime recently, or your interests have shifted. If you’re not using your Crunchyroll membership enough to justify the cost, cancellation might be a wise decision.
Steps to Cancel Crunchyroll Membership
Cancelling your Crunchyroll membership can be achieved in various ways, depending on how you initially set up your subscription.
Cancel Crunchyroll via Web Browser:
- Go to the Crunchyroll website and log into your account.
- Click on your profile icon on the top right corner of the homepage.
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the Premium Membership Status tab.
- Click Cancel Membership at the bottom of the page.
Cancel Crunchyroll via Paypal:
- Log into your Paypal account.
- Go to Settings, then Payments, then Manage Automatic Payments.
- Select Crunchyroll from the merchant list.
- Click Cancel next to the status, then confirm.
Cancel Crunchyroll via Mail:
- Write a letter requesting the cancellation of your subscription, providing details such as your username and the email address linked to the account.
- Send the letter to Crunchyroll’s mailing address: 88 Stevenson St, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA.
Subscription cost and other facts of Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll is one of the leading anime streaming services available in the U.S., celebrated for its extensive library and simultaneous streaming of shows just an hour after they air in Japan. However, it also faces criticism due to its lack of English dub captions and content overlap with Hulu.
Crunchyroll offers a free ad-supported plan, but for a premium, ad-free experience, there are three tiers of subscriptions available: Fan, Mega Fan, and Ultimate Fan, ranging from $7.99 to $14.99 per month. These plans offer varying perks such as access to the full catalog, multiple streams, and offline viewing. By opting for longer billing cycles, you can save up to 16% on the subscription cost.
Current deals include collaborations with language-learning app Duolingo. With the code CRUNCHYDUO, current Crunchyroll users can get a month of free Super Duolingo. Also, the platform offers a 14-day free trial of any premium subscription tier, providing access to its entire ad-free catalog.
The Fan plan offers one stream and full catalog access for $7.99/month. Mega Fan, at $9.99/month, adds offline viewing and allows for four streams. The Ultimate Fan plan, at $14.99/month, extends this to six streams and throws in exclusive perks like discounts on Crunchyroll store purchases and a members-only Nendoroid figure.
Crunchyroll stands out not just for its sheer volume of content but also for its user experience, which includes customizable watchlists and active comment sections. However, if English dubs are your preference, the lack of captions might be a drawback.
To get the most out of Crunchyroll, an internet speed of at least 25 Mbps is recommended. Despite the competition from other mainstream platforms like Netflix and Hulu, Crunchyroll remains a top choice for anime enthusiasts due to its vast library and timely availability of content.
In terms of pricing, Crunchyroll offers a significant bang for your buck, especially when compared to platforms like Hulu, which still includes ads in its $7.99/month plan. Moreover, Crunchyroll’s account sharing policy is more lenient than others like Netflix, allowing for multiple streams from different devices on the same account.
Overall, with its combination of an expansive library, flexible plans, user-friendly features, and added perks, Crunchyroll remains a comprehensive and compelling choice for anime lovers.
Points to Remember When Cancelling
- Cancellation will not end your Premium membership immediately; it will remain active until the end of your current billing cycle.
- You won’t be eligible for a refund if you cancel in the middle of a billing cycle.
- If you subscribed via a third party like iTunes or Google Play, you must cancel your subscription through them.
While Crunchyroll’s comprehensive library and high-quality streaming service are compelling reasons to maintain a membership, different circumstances might lead you to consider cancelling it. Thankfully, the platform provides several straightforward methods for cancellation. However, remember that it’s important to assess your anime consumption and whether the benefits of a Crunchyroll membership align with your viewing habits before making a final decision.
1.What happens to my account after cancellation?
Your account will revert to a free membership, allowing you to access limited content with ads.
2.Can I reactivate my Premium membership?
Yes, you can reactivate your Premium membership anytime through the account settings on the Crunchyroll website.
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.