One of the fifty most beautiful beaches in the world is in Brazil: Grumari, west of Rio de Janeiro, entered the international ranking released in the second half of June by the travel recommendations platform “Big 7 Travel”.
The selected beaches are chosen based on three criteria: the best performance on social media, the evaluation of the jury of the editors of the platform and the score in the “Blue Flag” program maintained by the Foundation for Environmental Education (Fundazo Para Educazo Ambiental). To clean up the destinations and protect the ecosystem for sustainable tourism.
Entering the ranking, the Brazilian took 38th place and stood out precisely in the level of nature conservation. “Copacabana and Ipanema may get all the fame, but those who understand [do assunto] Run to Grumari Beach.
A fine golden sandy beach with emerald green water, with lush green forest in the background”, recommends “Big 7 Travel”.
Costa Rica’s Playa Conchal has been awarded the title of the best beach in the world and is considered the “hottest destination” of the moment. “This little beach is covered with broken shells and surrounded by a turquoise bay. It’s paradise”, the reviewers conclude.
Top 10 Beaches in the World
Check out the rest of the full list:
- 11ª: Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Whitsunday Islands, Australia
- 12th: Zlatni Rat, Brac, Croatia
- 13th: Black Beach, Vieques, Puerto Rico
- 14ª: Anse Source D’Argent, La Digue, Seychelles
- 15th: Porto Santo, Madeira, Portugal
- 16ª: Pig Beach, Big Major Cay, Exuma, Bahamas
- 17th: Navagio Beach (or Shipwreck Beach), Zakynthos, Greece
- 18th: Hyams Beach, New South Wales, Australia
- 19th: Keem Bay, Achill Island, Mayo, Ireland
- 20ª: Grass Bay, Laucala Island, Fiji
- 21: Patnem Beach, Goa, India
- 22nd: Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique
- 23: Mafia Island, Mafia Archipelago, Tanzania
- 24ª: Horseshoe Bay, Southampton, Bermuda
- 25th: Tunnels Beach, Kauai, Hawaii, USA
- 26ª: Mounties Bay, Anguilla
- 27th: Ao Thanot Bay, Koh Tao, Thailand
- 28th: Banana Beach, Sao Tome & Principe
- 29th: Praia do Camilo, Lagos, Portugal
- 30ª: Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
- 31: Fig Tree Bay, Protaras, Cyprus
- 32nd: Cala Pregonda, Menorca, Spain
- 33ª: Nama, Sham El Sheikh, Egito
- 34ª: Kaanapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii, USA
- 35th: Le Mon Beach, Mauritius
- 36th: Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- 37ª: Saadiyat (Dear Publica), Al Saadiyat, Abu Dhabi
- 38th: Grumari Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 39th: Tusan Cliff Beach, Sarawak, Malaysia
- 40th: Santa Monica Beach, Santa Monica, California, USA
- 41ª: Eagle Beach, Oranjestad, Aruba
- 42ª: Mystic Beach, Vancouver Island, Canada
- 43rd: Diani Beach, Kwale County, Kenya
- 44ª: Champagne Beach, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
- 45th: Punta del Este, Uruguay
- 46th: Elafonisi Beach, Crete, Greece
- 47th: Yonaha Maehama, Miyakojima, Japan
- 48th: Robeson Island, San Blas, Panama
- 49th: Kokohe Beach, Hampden, New Zealand
- 50ª: Seminyak Beach, Bali, Indonesia
Musicaholic. Twitter guru. Total bacon fanatic. Zombie ninja. Freelance student. Coffee fan. Gamer.