A fire broke out Sunday morning in a 19-story building in the Bronx area of New York: 19 people, including 9 children, were killed and 44 were injured. Of these, 13 are in critical condition. The cause of the fire appears to be a malfunction of the stove in the third floor apartment, but the search for the cause is still ongoing. It’s the largest fire in New York since 1990, killing 87 people at a nightclub in the Bronx.
According to the reconstruction, the tenants on the third floor escaped from their apartment and the doors were left open, which helped the fire to spread. In other apartments the fire alarm would sound repeatedly, but it would not suddenly be taken seriously, because it would occasionally sound even if there was no fire: the tenant of the building He said Al New York Times Playing five or six times a day. The building was inhabited mainly by African Americans and immigrants: it was built in 1972 and had no fire escape stairs.
It took about 200 firefighters to put out the fire: his team found dead or injured on all floors of the building.
BREAKING: At least 63 people have been injured in a fire in the Bronx, New York. pic.twitter.com/tWMb8TT42l
– PM Breaking News (MBPMBreakingNews) January 9, 2022
Musicaholic. Twitter guru. Total bacon fanatic. Zombie ninja. Freelance student. Coffee fan. Gamer.