The star novel of the literary season, Dear bastard Virginie Despentes did not participate in the first selection of the Femina prize, which includes 16 French novels, the jury said Thursday.
If Virginie Despentes had been a member of this special female jury in 2015, that would not have been grounds for her dismissal. “The book did not come up in the discussion”A source close to the jury told AFP.
Among Femina’s selections, we found two titles that delighted the Goncourt and Renaudot juries: Grégoire Boilier’s, The heart does not yieldAn Investigation into Voluntary Pain in an Old Woman, Yves Ravi, TaorminaThe noir novel, set in Sicily, has already reaped the rewards of Nancy’s booksellers.
The list includes Polina Panasenko’s debut novel about her struggles with the French regime as a Russian immigrant. The Femina Prize will be awarded on November 7 at the Carnavalet Museum in Paris.
– Miguel Bonfoy The inventor (coasts)
– Gregoire Boilier, The heart does not yield (Flamerian)
– Thierry Clermont, Long Island, baby (save)
– Sandrine Collette We were wolves (JCLattes)*
-Brigitte Giroud, Live fast (Flamerian)*
– Sybil Grimbert, The Last of His Own (Annie Carrier)*
– Claudie Hunzinger, A dog on my desk (Grassett)*
– Orion Jeancourt Galignani, When the tree falls (Grassett)*
– Mary Niemeyer little sister (Gallimard)
– Christophe Ohno-dit-Biot, To find shelter (Gallimard)*
– Polina Panasenko Hold your tongue (olive tree)*
-Yves Ravi, Taormina (Midnight)*
– Lucia Rico GPS (POL)*
– Olivia Rosenthal A monkey by my window (vertical)
— Maud Simonot Bird Hour (Observatory)
– Anne-Sophie Subilia, the bride (so)*
[Les 10 romans marqués d’un astérisque concourront également au prix Femina des lycéens]
– Viola Ardone selection (Albin Michel, Italy)
-Russell Banks, Oh Canada (South Acts, USA)
-Gabriel Byrne My ghosts and me (Sabine Vespeser, Ireland)
– Mia Kuto Mapper of illusions (Metaili, Mozambique)
-Rachel Cusk addiction (Gallimard, Great Britain)
– Nathan Harris The sweetness of water (Philip Ray, USA)
– Angelica Klusendorf, September 34 (Chambon, Germany)
– Andrei Kurkov, Gray bees (Lyana Levy, Ukraine)
– Jared McGinnis a coward (Metaily, USA)
-Let’s Stealer, Stern 111 (Greenfinch, Germany)
-Alexander Starritt We are Germans (Belfonte, Great Britain)
– Maria Stepanova, In memory of memory (Stock, Russia)
-Brandon Taylor real life (The Crossroads, United States)
– Com Tobin Indrajalakaran (Grassett, Ireland)
-Juan Gabriel Vasquez A retrospective (Threshold, Columbia)
– Hanya Yanagihara to paradise (Grassett, United States)
Tv fanatic. Amateur food maven. Devoted webaholic. Travel lover. Entrepreneur. Evil writer. Beer guru.