WARNING! Don’t ignore this guide if you are looking to become a good tank in World of Warcraft.
If you’re new to World of Warcraft, you may be wondering what tanking is all about. In short, tanking is a role that involves taking on the brunt of damage in combat, while protecting your fellow party members. It’s a challenging role that requires both skill and strategy, but it can be extremely rewarding.
Tanking can be a difficult thing to master. There are a lot of different things that go into it, from knowing when to use your cooldowns to using the right abilities to maximize your threat.
However, if you take the time to learn the ins and outs of tanking, it can be an immensely rewarding role. Not only will you be the one responsible for keeping your party or raid alive, but you’ll also be able to help them take down some of the toughest bosses in the game.
If you’re interested in tanking, there are a few things you should know:
- First and foremost, you need to make sure you have a good grasp on your rotation. This means using your abilities in the right order to generate the most threat possible.
- You need to be aware of your surroundings and the positioning of your enemies. This will help you to avoid taking unnecessary damage and will also allow you to position your enemies in a way that maximizes your party’s damage output.
- You need to be able to manage your resources effectively. This means using your cooldowns wisely and conserving your energy so that you can stay in the fight for as long as possible.
- Choose the right race and class for the job. While any race can technically tank, some are better suited for the role than others. For example, orcs and tauren make great tanks thanks to their natural durability.
- You’ll need to choose the right specialization. While you can tank with any specialization, some are better suited for the role than others. Protection warriors and paladins are the classic tanking classes, but death knights and druids can also make great tanks.
- Gear up for the role. Tanking is a gear-intensive role, so you’ll need to make sure you have the right gear for the job. You’ll need gear with high stamina and defense, as well as gear with good tanking stats like hit rating and expertise.
Now we know how crucial a role these gears play in the game. You can buy the cheapest WoW Gold with professional customer support.
- Learn to control your aggro. This means keeping your damage output high enough to keep the enemy’s attention on you, but not so high that you pull aggro away from your teammates. A good way to practice this is to spend some time soloing high-level mobs.
- Learn how to position yourself in combat. This is important because you need to be able to protect the weaker teammates of your party, while also being in a position to avoid taking too much damage. A good rule of thumb is to stay behind the enemy and to the side of your party members.
- Know your role. As a tank, your job is to hold the attention of the mobs and keep them off the squishier members of your party. This means you’ll be taking a lot of damage, so make sure you’re prepared with healers who can keep you up.
- Once you have learned the basics of tanking, the next step is to practice your skills. The best way to do this is to find a group of friends who are also interested in tanking and run some practice dungeons together. This will help you learn how to work as a team and how to tank effectively in a group.
With these tips in mind, you’re well on your way to becoming a successful tank. Just remember to stay calm, keep the enemy focused on you, and use your abilities to your advantage.
If you do that, you’ll be an invaluable asset to your team.
That’s all Boom Boom for today. Stay tuned for more valuable tips and tricks.
Problem solver. Incurable bacon specialist. Falls down a lot. Coffee maven. Communicator.